US Title: Establish a community resource project
US No.: 14800
20 Credits [Fundamental]
NQF Level 5
Practitioners will be able to establish and manage a local community support structure or project in a systematic manner which is informed by the basic principles of development practices. Outcomes include:
- Analyse the need or situation to be addressed,
- Consult with relevant stakeholders,
- Produce a plan of action,
- Conduct meetings/ events,
- Manage the initiative, and
- Evaluate progress of the project
Developing a community project
So often, when doing community work, we just react to the demands or needs of people, without really thinking about what we are doing, why it is important, and how it could be done differently. However, just like in any other profession, it is important that development practitioners have tools and strategies to make our work easier and more effective. The community development process is one of the tools we can use when starting a new project or programme.
Topics in this course include:
- Community profiling
- Developing a Community Profile
- Needs Assessment
- Developing a community project
- Select the strategy
- Project design
- Project monitoring and evaluation
Who should attend this course?
The Community Resource Project Course is an accessible way for existing or aspirant community development workers to obtain a basic qualification in the field.