This training course is designed to assist participants to develop critical thinking about diversity, identity and culture. It aims at building unity in diversity and to build social solidarity.
The uniqueness of this course is that it draws on ubuntu, a unique African philosophy that has international applications for promoting harmony amongst people of diverse cultural backgrounds. Although the course focuses on the workplace, it can also be applied to life in general.
This course is offered in English and Portuguese
Topics covered in this course
- Understanding organizational cultures
- The corporate environment
- Business etiquette
- Becoming a team player
- Effective communication
- Morale, morals and corporate ethics
- Key inter-cultural differences
- Understanding the issues of culture, diversity and identity.
- Various cultures and their impact on a multi-cultural working environment
- Exploring culture and cross cultural communication barriers and solutions.
- Reflect on the biases, attitudes and behaviours of oneself and others which may result in unfair discrimination.
- Becoming aware of the different types and levels of unfair discrimination that exists in society, through reflecting on your personal experiences.
- Describing the role and responsibility of an organisation in managing diversity.
- Understanding the role of leaders and managers in promoting anti-bias practices and human resource management techniques in culturally diverse environments
- Describing the roles and responsibilities of the individual in creating a harmonious work environment in one that is culturally diverse.
- Exploring issues in a specific workplace in order to suggest ways of managing diversity.
- Formulate strategies to implement in the workplace that would promote an anti-biased environment.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Benefits of working with an international team
- Cultural adjustment
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at students studying, living and working in foreign countries. It could be especially beneficial for them if they should find themselves in situations where there are low levels of tolerance. This course is also useful for individuals wanting to develop a better understanding of other cultures.
This training course can be done over five days.