The Language in Leadership and Management course focuses on linking workplace issues to the command of the English language.
The course consists of the following modules:
- Language and communication (workplace communication with internal and external clients)
- Language, reading and interpretations
- Effective listening
- Formal business writing and documentation (business letters, emails, invitations, memos, forms, faxes and other documents)
- Report writing
- Meeting terminology and effectively administering a meeting (setting the agenda, minute taking, notifications)
- Language and power (including multilingualism)
- Language and identity
- Diversity (gender, race and class)
- Language and the media
- Positive speech and presentation
- Language and policies
- Language and finances
- Neutral language in negotiations and manipulation
- Verbal language (looking at pronunciations)
Who should attend this course?
The Language in Leadership and Management course is designed specifically for managers and leaders who are English second language users.