This course is an opportunity for you to:
- Reflect on your own learning styles;
- Explore the underlying roots of experiential learning;
- Learn about the use of “reflection” as a learning methodology in education and training;
- Experiment with new models and processes of experiential learning; and
- Work on how you can apply these new ideas in your own life and work
The course will be run experientially with the emphasis being on “experiencing” and “reflecting”. There will be theory sessions and some structured exercises.
Topics covered include:
- Learning from experience
- Roots of Experiential Learning
- The forms and shapes of experiential learning
- Models of experiential learning
- Applying the models to our lives and work
- Personal learning styles
The course will be run experientially and includes group sessions and short theory sessions. Active participation is encouraged.
Who should attend this course?
Educators responsible for running educational programmes, who wish to incorporate learners experience into their designs and those wishing to know more about the filed of experiential learning.