Training Category: Processes and Systems and DCS Operations
This is an introductory course to equip learners with necessary knowledge to understand how a Distributed Control System works. An overview is given of the different vendor types. Systems hardware, configuration, architecture, Operator Workstation and functions are discussed in a generic manner.
The content of the course includes:
- Introduction to Control Systems
- Overview of different DCS systems
- System hardware configuration
- Systems Operation
- Terminology and operator application
- Information Processing and equipment functions
- Understanding control blocks
- Operator Workstation and keyboard
- Identify the standard display windows
- Navigate and Operate the different windows and faceplates
Who should attend this course?
This course is specifically designed for production technicians or other specialists in the Chemical and Oil & Gas Industry who wish to pursue a career in Control Room Operations in the Oil and Gas Industry