DATE: 10 – 11 November 2015
COST: R 2750.00
Venue: 2nd Floor, Langham House, 59 Long Street, Cape Town
For more information or to register:
Tel: 021 – 422 1644
This course aims at developing the conflict management and resolution skills of participants in the workplace. It focuses on understanding the source and nature of conflict, enhancing listening and communication skills and tools to combat negative conflict in the workplace, arbitration and the mediation of conflict.
This 2 day course will enable participants to deal with conflict by touching on the following topics:
- Expressing understanding
- Separating the people from the conflict
- Coaching conflicting parties
- Equalising power
- Planning future interactions
- Mediation and Arbitration
- The pillars of conflict management
- Skills, effort and commitment required for dealing with conflict
- Approaches to conflict reduction: fighting it out, yielding and avoidance
- Listening skills
- Tools and ground rules for improved communication
- Satisfying both parties needs vs. the zero sum game
- Focusing on ‘the other’
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at anyone who has to manage conflict in the work environment.